Tuesday 30 July 2013

✿Dancewear re-fashion: Crop top ✿


So at our studio we don't really get the opportunity to wear things like cute crop tops (sadly we really are Bunheads )
Anyways, whenever opportunity knocks we will jump at the chance to wear something fun! I have always been a little bit obsessed with my dancewear... I LOVE all the styles and adding a little bit to it yourself and just how fun it can be!.. But not really the price (especially if its not your run of the mill black camisole leotard). 
Recently, Penneys/Primark have started to sell plain crop tops in just the basic black, white and grey. As soon as I saw them I knew I could have some fun jazzing them up !

I started off with a plain black crop top that I bought in Penneys/Primark for €3


The next step was to ruche or gather the centre of the crop top to give it a different neckline. I think I gathered it to about 2 1/2 inches from the top of the item but just do it until you like the shape. To gather the centre, secure the thread at the top of the garment then make a running stich down as far as you like then bunch the fabric up and try to neatly sew it in place. 


I had bought a dark animal print stretch fabric months before so I decided to use that as the fabric for my straps. 

I cut the fabric into roughly 3/4 inch strips  long enough to cover the straps after being braided. I secured the strips in a stack of three by sewing them discreetly. I then braided the strips and secured them the same way. 

I sewed these braids to the original straps because I thought it would be easier than sewing them as new  ones. I also sewed an extra piece of fabric over the centre to just tie the whole piece together. 

The Final Product:

Please excuse the terrible selfie!


No comments:

Post a Comment